Kefalonia, Greece 25-28/06/2020
The A.G.S. Eptanison and the Organizing Committee of the 32nd international festival of gymnastics for all, Kefalonia Gym Festival “Anna Pollatou”, invites you to participate at this unique annual athletic event which will be held from 25 to 28 June 2020 on the beautiful island of Kefalonia in Greece.
Kefalonia Gym Festival “Anna Pollatou” is one of the biggest events of “Gymnastics For All” in Greece and in Europe. It is an annual event that takes place every year at the end of June on the island of Kefalonia. It lasts for 4 days and there are performances of the athletic groups in three different parts of the island: Lixouri, Fragata and Argostoli.
Following the idea and philosophy of gymnastics for all, the Festival is non competitive character and appeals to everyone who exercises without discrimination. People from different parts of the world are united through their love for exercising and they enjoy their participation in this big celebration of sport.
Conditions to Participate…
Participating groups can be from all institutions such as – Sports Programs from municipalities, from Public and Private Schools, from Athletic Sports Clubs, from Universities (especially sports academies), from Sports Centers, from Work Out Gymnasiums (e.g. aerobics), groups whose members are with special disabilities and of course all age groups (e.g. golden age gymnastics for all).
- There is no age limit. All age groups can participate
- The number of participants in each group must be at least 10 (ten) participants (and over).The main goal is maximum participants of all age groups in each group.
- The duration of each routine must be up to 5 (five) minutes.
- Free choice of choreography and music.The title of the routine and the name of the athletic group must be written on the CD. The athletics group must also have an alternate audio CD.
- The routines may consist of elements from: Rhythmic gymnastics, Aerobics, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Trampoline, Folklore dancing (with gymnastics elements), Modern dancing (with gymnastics elements), any other elements of gymnastics
- You can choose to use any gymnastics apparatus including apparatus that is of your ingenuity.
- In the 1st presentation at the main square of Lixouri, routines that have high difficulty elements (eg. from mini tramps) can not participate because of space limit.
- Εach team can participate with different groups. Each group may present only 1 (one) routine in every event.
- Each athletic group has the responsibility for the health condition of its athletes. After sending the application form each team states that they accept these responsibilities of their own account.
- Each group has the responsibility to look after their personal art effects on their account.
- Visit our web site http://kefalonia-gymfestival.gr/acceptance-of-terms-and-conditions/ and download the declaration form of acceptance of terms and conditions. This declaration must be given to the Organizing Committee on the group leaders meeting on the 25th of June 2020 at 20.00 at the Municipality Theatre of Argostoli “Kefalos’’.
- The performance area at Lixouri and Fragata is 14mx14m (7 roll mats). In Argostoli there are two mattresses in the performance area, a gymnastic mattress (14mx14m) and a rhythmic gymnastics mattress (14mx14m).
The participant card is 15 euros per person for participants of athletic groups, coaches and any other members of each delegation whom want to have the benefits of the participant card. The card includes participation rights, lanyard with accreditation, discount at coastal tickets to and from Kefalonia, discount at transport tickets to and from Kefalonia with KTEL KEFALONIAS S.A., discounts at shops and restaurants through the movement “FRIENDS” etc. At our website you will find all the information about the benefits of the participant card.
The money must be deposited in the following account until 31/05/2020 with the name of the depositor and the team.
Please be aware that you shall have to deposit the funds in the following account:
Bank Name: Alpha Bank
Acct. No.: 771002002001341
IBAN: GR 5301406830771002002001341
Acct. Holder: A.G.S. EPTANISON
The registration form is completed and sent electronically via the special form available on our website: http://kefalonia-gymfestival.gr/en/ until 17 May 2020.
The Organizing Committee will award prizes to all athletic groups as well as diplomas to all participants. Special Prize is awarded to the group with the largest number of participants.
Wednesday 24/06: Groups’ arrival
- Special event in the morning (boat trip from 9.00-14.00 with extra cost)
- Welcome speech and briefing at Argostoli Municipal Theatre at 20.00
- Parade of the teams and Opening Ceremony (21.00-22.30)
- Training at Lixouri in the morning (optional)
- Beach Party at Xi Beach in Lixouri (12.00-15.00)
- Event at Lixouri: Group Performances (20.00-22.00)
- Training at the Closed Stadium of Argostoli in the morning (optional)
- Event at Fragata: Group Performances (20.30-22.30)
- Fragata-Traditional Event (22.30-24.00): At the end of the group performances there will be traditional event with live music by the Folk Dance Society of Fragata ‘’Mermigas’’ and meal on site with extra cost. There will be presentation of Kefallonian folk dances and after that all together, dancers, athletes, trainers, companions, parents, spectators, volunteers and organizers dance and entertain ourselves to the full.
- Beach Party (10.30-14.00)
- Main Event in Argostoli: Group Performances & Awards (18.00-22.00)
Monday 29/6: Groups’ Departure
Accommodation at school:
The Organizing Committee can offer accommodation at school as is usually the accommodation for team groups in World Gymnastrades and Eurogym Gymnastics For All . Hot showers are not included and it is required to bring your own sleeping bags.
Accommodation cost: Bed and breakfast 15€/per person/ per day.
Accomodation at hotel:
For accommodation at hotel you can contact our partner travel agency “Ainos Travel” at the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise you can find hotel with your responsibility.
Because of the summer tourist season and the increased demand for rooms you should look early for accommodation.
Mr Stavros Basiardis
Kokolata – Argostoli 28100
Kefalonia P.S. 28100, Hellas
Mobile : +306944 918 031
Mrs Eleni Dardamanis
Planning and Organizing Coordination
We are at your disposal for any clarification. Just email us.
For more information visit our web site: http://kefalonia-gymfestival.gr/en/
The President of the